The Municipal Light Board acts as the general policy and oversight board for Belmont Light. By statute, the Municipal Light Board is responsible for:
- Hiring, firing, setting the compensation for, and providing general direction to the General Manager of Belmont Light.
- Acting as the general policy and oversight board for Belmont Light.
- Approving the department’s rates and terms and conditions, with the recommendation of the General Manager.
- Reviewing the annual audited financial reports from the General Manager.
- Approving and signing annual reports submitted to the Department of Public Utilities by Belmont Light.
- Voting on the annual budgets submitted by the General Manager.
- Determining when and how depreciation funds should be appropriated in accordance with state law.
- Acting as the Chief Executive Officers for the purpose of collective bargaining with labor unions (in Belmont Light’s case, the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 104).
Click the link below to read the candidate’s response to our survey!
Andrew Machado | 142 Waverley Street | Candidate for re-election
No response received.